Torah School Mission
The mission of Temple Beth Elís
Torah School is to foster a lifelong commitment to Jewish learning,
Jewish identity, Jewish ritual, spiritual growth, the Jewish community,
and Tikkun Olam, making the world a better place.
Torah School Goals
The goal of Temple Beth El Torah School
is to provide Jewish Education in accordance with the guidelines set by
the Reform Movement. It is the deepening of Jewish experience and
knowledge in order to strengthen faith in God, love of Torah, and
identification with the Jewish people through involvement in the
Synagogue and participation in Jewish life. Linked to these goals, our
education programs embrace experiences and learning activities
encouraging children and adults to become:
- Jews who affirm their Jewish identity and bind themselves inseparably to their people by word and deed.
- Jews who bear witness to the Brit by embracing Torah through the study and observance of mitzvot as interpreted in the light of historic development and contemporary thought.
- Jews who affirm their historical bond to Eretz Yisrael. Jews who cherish and study Hebrew, the language of the Jewish people.
- Jews who value and practice tífillah.
- Jews who further the causes of justice, freedom and peace by pursuing tzedek, mishpat, and hesed.
- Jews who celebrate Shabbat and festivals, and observe Jewish ceremonies marking significant occasions in their lives.
- Jews who esteem their own person and the person of others;
their own family and the family of others; and their own community and
the community of others.
- Jews who express their kinship with Kílal Yisrael by actively seeking the welfare of Jews throughout the world.
- Jews who support and participate in synagogue life.
Jews will strengthen the fabric of Jewish life, ensure the future of
Judaism and the Jewish people, and approach the realization of their